Photobucket

About Me

My photo
Freelance illustrator/ graphic designer . Residing in Sheffield. Working at Arcade. My Portfolio www.getaloadageo.co.uk

Sunday 17 January 2010

Tinsley Towers Illustration


If you are a Yorkshire person or hail from Sheffield you'd know that last year was the historic event of the Tinsley Towers being demolished.

An upcoming Arts & Newspaper project in Sheffield asked me to provide an illustration based around a "new change / fresh start" concept. I felt that the coming down of the towers might be interesting as people were powerless to stop its destruction but it posed a fresh start for the new decade. Maybe a hint of things to come? You never know.

1 comment:

Jane Faram said...

This is really marvellous! I like that it pictures a little child blowing the thing up mindlessly, like it was a game. It was really a very controversial "decision".
Beautiful work George.