Photobucket

About Me

My photo
Freelance illustrator/ graphic designer . Residing in Sheffield. Working at Arcade. My Portfolio www.getaloadageo.co.uk

Saturday 4 June 2011

Janelle Monae Portrait

After a while I'd noticed I haven't worked on many of my own personal pieces, the recent months have had me tied down to more commercial work. Sometimes it's good to vent creatively and I normally have hundreds of ideas or images in my head that I want to put down onto paper or in this case, screen.

I'm a big fan of Janelle Monae, especially her performance and public persona and the conceptual image she's put across in her music and videos. I've always wanted to adapt her portrait into one of my stylised pieces so I had a bash.

I tweeted her and she even responded to my first draft, saying she liked it, which made my day. I'll be sure to watch her perform at Glastonbury this year which I cannot wait for.
First draft:


Final Piece

I wanted to work another version of her smiling and laughing so I could have little robots dancing in her hair, maybe if I have the time I'll work on this version too...

No comments: