Photobucket

About Me

My photo
Freelance illustrator/ graphic designer . Residing in Sheffield. Working at Arcade. My Portfolio www.getaloadageo.co.uk

Thursday 7 July 2011

Hey Sholay

Sheffield based band, Hey Sholay have been making waves in the local scene as well as winning a poll with the NME to win a gig slot at this years EXIT fest in Serbia. I'm a big fan of their music with their galloping drum beats and distorted guitars and catchy melodies. Listening to their music paints a picture in my head of how I'd approach their artwork, even though two members of the band look after the artwork which is very fine art touching on illustrative angles.


Here I wanted to play with my use of water colour textures and a bit of linear pencil drawing, I had a lot of fun working in this, just purely because it's been ages since I've worked on any personal work.


No comments: