Photobucket

About Me

My photo
Freelance illustrator/ graphic designer . Residing in Sheffield. Working at Arcade. My Portfolio www.getaloadageo.co.uk

Tuesday 2 November 2010

Fright Night: Halloween At The Crucible

For Halloween, Sheffield city centre was engulfed in Fright Night, an event organised byYellowbus Events and has grown in stature over the past few years to turn Sheffield into a Halloween themed carnival. Scott Barton of Yellowbus Events asked me to organise the live art side of things to set some artistic ambience in the Crucible Theatre, naturally I gathered the Stars In Stripes to take on some Halloween themed artwork.


This was a very pleasant event to work on even if there were hired zombies stumbling around trying to scare you every 5 minutes, on many occasions making kids cry. It was pretty cool and we were looked after by the staff which we were all thankful for especially as our collective hangovers were kicking in from a weekend of Halloween partying.

We all drew various monsters on our 6ft boards, I'd chosen to take on a werewolf as it's been the one thing I've enjoyed drawing over the past month. I think I'll start to work with more colour with my live art work from now on as I've noticed it adds a lot more to the piece as a whole.







No comments: