Photobucket

About Me

My photo
Freelance illustrator/ graphic designer . Residing in Sheffield. Working at Arcade. My Portfolio www.getaloadageo.co.uk

Tuesday 8 June 2010

Child's Play Exhibition Pieces

These are my 3 individual pieces that I've submitted for my collaborated exhibition project alongside painter Jane Faram. Child's Play is a collaborated effort involving Sheffield's finest illustrators and artists who have been picked to come out from hiding and show piece their work to an open brief. I'd managed to rope in quite a few artists from Nick Deakin, Jonny Wan, Lord Bunn, Mute & Lee Bamforth. My pieces come from my wandering imagination, probably something I inherited from a young age, I was given pencils and paper as a means of keeping me occupied as my parents would buy me toys but would get bored of them quickly. The 3 images I've submitted more or less highlight the power of a child's imagination and how raw and at times destructive it can be; ever built a tower out of blocks and then felt inclined to smash it down?


The exhibition is from the 6th of June and running until 4th July in the Forum Bar in Sheffield.


No comments: