Photobucket

About Me

My photo
Freelance illustrator/ graphic designer . Residing in Sheffield. Working at Arcade. My Portfolio www.getaloadageo.co.uk

Thursday 28 October 2010

A Busy Week And It's Not Over Yet...

So this week I've been involved with the temporary Hantu Collective Pop Up stall in Meadowhall, which means trekking there and back (although I've only had to do this just the once) and having to sell to a different client base. It's always fun setting up stall and making the place look pretty but the selling aspect I always leave to Angga and Thomas.

Today I've been holed up in the Leadmill, watching over the Hantu stall where we were displaying a limited edition collection we've collaborated on with the council. The new shirts were officially unveiled today but you can have a sneak peek on the Hantu Collective website.

The design ideas were based around poking fun at the whole road safety aspect, as sometimes a serious message doesn't really work when it comes to selling clothes. Our younger designer, Aaran came up trumps and managed to design the staff event t-shirts for the day which I'm happy with him for.

Meanwhile I was also involved with curating the live art for the event alongside the Stars In Stripes our mural idea being recognisable birds associated with road crossings. It was pleasing to see people walk by and clicking with the idea, I suppose that's the beauty of illustration, it's all about being playful with the subject matter.





No comments: