Photobucket

About Me

My photo
Freelance illustrator/ graphic designer . Residing in Sheffield. Working at Arcade. My Portfolio www.getaloadageo.co.uk

Tuesday 5 October 2010

Live Art For The Book Club: SOYO LIVE 2010

Last night, there was a buzz in Sheffield and in particular at Bar SOYO, a long time collaborator with me and Hantu Collective. They played host to an eclectic local line up of Sheffield's most up and coming bands, The Book Club, The Wet Nuns and the Pirouettes, all bands which were to attract a big crowd, a crowd so big they even opened up the room next door just to fit us live artists in there.

The Stars In Stripes were present at SOYO doodling away, which topped off the vibe of the night, it was one of music and art and the two have always gone hand in hand. The Book Club's drummer, Ant has been a friend of mine for a few years and we keep knocking into eachother out and about, he asked me to draw a banner for them to take away on their tour, I happily obliged. I went into SOYO 3 hours earlier and drew out the banner during sound check, probably one of my favourite times before the night gets mad. Finished the banner in 1hour and 30 mins, a personal best for me when the pressure's on.





No comments: