Photobucket

About Me

My photo
Freelance illustrator/ graphic designer . Residing in Sheffield. Working at Arcade. My Portfolio www.getaloadageo.co.uk

Sunday 10 October 2010

Rollerpalooza!

This little blog post is a bit out of the ordinary, I normally love to write about art and design related stuff but I just had to write about Rollerpalooza. On Friday 8th October, Sheffeld Roller Disco played host to a night of music, beers and roller skating, boasting a line up of some brilliant noise, punk and indie bands, namely No Age, Male Bonding, Pulled Apart By Horses and The Hey Sholay.


Sheffield needs more nights like these but seen as they don't come so often, it's a great treat. There was a pre bar at the Queens Road Social Club, where Drowned in Sound put the Dum Dum Girl's gig on and it's also a great quirky little joint thats like a flashback into the 70's. After that it was the Roller rink itself, the turn out was huge and there were many familiar faces there rolling around the rink, at one point it was chaos on the floor, people smashing into each other and dodging flailing limbs, even my housemates kept skating past me and nicking my beer. Oh before I forget to mention I did chicken out and leave behind the skates as I didn't want to risk breaking a wrist or just falling over like a complete ass, something that was bound to happen. My personal highlight of the night was watching the Hey Sholay and Male Bonding shock it out on stage whilst watching people decking it on their skates in and outside the rink, it sounded like pure chaos but to everyone else, just looked like sheer fun.


Certainly can't wait until the next one comes around and the line up itself will be one to watch out for.







No comments: